Who else loves Red Lobster’s Cheddar Bay Biscuits? They’re soft, buttery and addicting to eat! They were definitely missed when I switched over to my low carb/keto lifestyle.
After much experimenting, I managed to create a low carb/keto copycat recipe that tastes just as good! The recipe ended up being so easy that I added shrimp in the center of the biscuits for extra flavor and protein!
Nutrition (6 servings, shrimp not included):
Net Carbs: 2.8g
Ingredients for copycat Keto Cheddar Bay Shrimp Biscuits
- Jumbo Shrimp: The shrimp elevates the entire biscuit and is a delicious protein filling.
- Heavy Cream: This makes the biscuits soft and rich! It’s the keto buttermilk substitute but I honestly like heavy cream better in this recipe.
- Egg: One egg does wonders for providing structure and adding protein to the biscuit.
- Butter: Arguably the main ingredient. The biscuit is made with butter and topped with a delicious melted garlic butter topping.
- Almond Flour: Our low carb/keto flour that holds together the biscuit.
- Cheddar Cheese: Shredded cheddar cheese is an essential ingredient to our dough and packs amazing flavor with every bite.
- Baking Powder: This ingredient gives the biscuit that fluffy airy texture.
Ingredients for Garlic Butter Topping:
- Melted Butter: The irresistible warm topping!
- Chopped Parsley: Parsley gives the biscuits extra flavor aroma and natural color.
- Garlic Powder: The main flavor enhancer for the biscuit.